Creating vape juice without nicotine is a straightforward process. Nicotine-free vape juice is often referred to as “zero nicotine” or “nicotine-free e-liquid.” Here’s a basic recipe to make your own nicotine-free vape juice at home:
Ingredients and Materials:
- Vegetable Glycerin (VG): VG is a thick, sweet, and odorless liquid commonly used as a base in e-liquids.
- Propylene Glycol (PG): PG is a thinner liquid that helps carry flavors and provides throat hit.
- Flavor Concentrates: These are food-grade flavorings designed for vaping. You can find a wide variety of flavors to suit your preferences.
- Optional: Distilled Water: Some vapers add a small amount of distilled water to thin the e-liquid and enhance vapor production, but this is entirely optional.
- Empty Bottles: You’ll need empty e-liquid bottles to store your homemade vape juice.
- Gloves and Safety Gear: For safety, consider wearing gloves and working in a well-ventilated area, especially when handling concentrated nicotine, if it’s part of your flavoring.
Steps to Make Nicotine-Free Vape Juice:
Prepare Your Workspace:
- Ensure you’re working in a clean and clutter-free area. If you’re handling nicotine-based flavorings (for a small amount of throat hit), take extra precautions, including gloves.
Calculate Your Ratios:
- Decide on the VG/PG ratio you prefer for your e-liquid. Common ratios include 70/30, 80/20, or even 100% VG for maximum vapor production. Some flavor concentrates are PG-based, so consider this when calculating your ratios.
- Use a graduated cylinder or syringe to measure your VG and PG according to your chosen ratio. For example, if you want 30% PG in a 30 ml batch, you’d use 21 ml of VG and 9 ml of PG.
Add Flavor Concentrates:
- Add flavor concentrates to your VG/PG mix. The amount will vary depending on the brand and flavor. Start with a small amount, and gradually add more until you achieve the desired flavor intensity. Mixing guidelines are often provided by the flavor concentrate manufacturer.
Optional: Add Distilled Water:
- If you prefer a thinner e-liquid, you can add a small amount of distilled water (usually no more than 10% of the total volume). This is optional and depends on your personal preference.
- Stir or shake the mixture thoroughly to ensure that all the ingredients are well blended.
Steep Your E-Liquid (Optional):
- Some e-liquids benefit from steeping, which involves letting the mixture sit in a cool, dark place for a few days to enhance flavor. This step is optional and may not be necessary for all flavorings.
Store and Use:
- Transfer your nicotine-free vape juice into empty bottles for storage. Label them with the flavor name, VG/PG ratio, and the date of creation. Store your e-liquid in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight.
- Finally, use your nicotine-free vape juice in your preferred vape device and enjoy. Remember to follow safe vaping practices and keep e-liquids out of the reach of children and pets.
Please note that if you decide to experiment with adding nicotine to your e-liquid, you must handle nicotine with extreme care and follow strict safety guidelines. Additionally, consider researching and following any local regulations related to the purchase and handling of nicotine products.